In the groups you have been working with all week, make a Prezi presentation of media usage in a country you of your choice You can look at Reporters Without Borders’ 2018 World Press Freedom Index for inspiration. Some things might be easy to find out, others a bit harder, and others yet again might be impossible… but let’s try! 🙂
- do they have a free press or any kind of censorship? Why/why not?
- do they have state media or not? What could be the importance of this?
- What are the biggest newsproviding media in this country?
- Who owns these media?
- How many use these?
- Are they politically minded – liberal, conservative etc? If so, how is this seen?
- Find the three biggest newsproviding media in this country and look at their frontpages: compare headlines, choice of causes, focus, read a story from each and comment on the journalism. Also, find them on social media; check out their Facebook page, Twitter and Instagram account. How are they on social media? Many followers? What kind of profile do they have here? What kind of cases are their fronting on their social media?
The presentations should be ready at 11 today.
Here are some previous student answers to look at for inspiration as well.