How has president Trump met the Covid-19 pandemic? Fox reports that his vice president could not have been more proud, Alternet repeats allegations of him being a mass murderer, while the New York Times asks questions. How can the same issue cause so different “truths?” And what is true?
Keeping the five C’s in mind (context, credibility, corroboration, construction and compare) – visit the three links above and read/watch how the different news outlets respond to how Trump has handled the pandemic.
Then, use the post-its you have been given to answer the questions below. One post it per answer, and then put up your post its around the classroom.
- how do the different articles portray Trump’s reaction to the pandemic?
- What adjectives/loaded words are used in the different articles?
- Can you tell which article is more liberal and which is more conservative? How
- Which of the articles were easiest to read? Why?
- Which of the articles do you find most believable? Why?